This structured agenda is based on MentorCloud’s “best practices” learned from working with many companies across the globe. It will help your mentoring meetings be productive and successful.
The recommended time is 60 minutes.
1. Feedback And Update (10 minutes)
- Reminder on the importance of confidentiality and respect.
- Update on what has happened since the last meeting. Refer to Notes from last meeting.
- Feedback from the mentee and mentor on their progress regarding Tasks, Goals and the action plan.
2. Discussion (40 minutes)
- Discussion points to be presented by the mentee.
- Questions asked by mentors to clarify the issues or challenges.
- Guided discussion on how to address challenges.
- Options to address challenges going forward.
- Mentor can share experience or advice if the mentee requests it.
3. Close (10 minutes)
- New action plan for mentees.
- Update Goals, Tasks and add any new Notes
- New action points for mentors.
- Preparation for the next meeting: venue, date and time?
When you create a Session, there is an option for your to write down an Agenda. It is best to plan ahead and have a few points of discussion written down for the next meeting.